2022 MPF Poultry TED Talks | Call for Presentations
The Midwest Poultry Federation invites you to submit a proposal for our 1st annual “Poultry Ted Talks” to be held on Wednesday, March 23.
Your proposal must meet one of these two focus areas:
- Focus Area #1 – Poultry Graduate Students
- Graduate students may submit a proposal for any topic and/or research project that is relevant to the poultry industry and with which they have direct involvement in.
- Focus Area #2 – Exhibitor Talks
- Exhibitor talks may address any topic relevant to the poultry industry and can be research-based or marketing-based.
- Proposals must be submitted by a current exhibiting company that has already signed a contract and for which payment has been received by MPF for the 2022 show.
- Presentation will be limited to 25 minutes inclusive of questions and discussion from the audience.
- You must be available to give your presentation on Wednesday, March 23 between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm CST. (MPF will set the schedule in advance.)
- Presentations will be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center
When completing the online proposal form, you will need to provide the following information.
- Title of the presentation
- Abstract of 250 words maximum that describes the content of the presentation
- Presenter information: name, title, university affiliation, phone number and email
- November 10, 2021 Call for Proposals Opens
- December 31, 2021 Deadline to submit proposals
- January 20, 2022 Decisions finalized and recipients notified
- February 1, 2022 Schedule for Poultry Ted Talks Announced
- Graduate students will be eligible to receive complimentary MPF Convention registration as well as travel reimbursements, including airfare or mileage (if driving to the convention); 2 night’s hotel stay; meals for two days while in Minneapolis (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Receipts will be required for all reimbursements. (Specific details on expenses will be communicated after the schedule is set.)
- Exhibitor talks are not eligible for travel reimbursements as it is expected that your company will cover your travel to/from the MPF Convention.
- Space is limited to 7 graduate student presentations and 7 exhibitor presentations.
- Final selections will be made by the MPF Education Committee after reviewing all proposals.