Convention Update – COVID-19
(October 22, 2020) – Midwest Poultry Federation is planning a hybrid event, which means there will be both an in-person convention and trade show, if allowed, and a virtual companion event. The MPF Board feels strongly this provides the best of both worlds within the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If MPF is allowed to gather in-person May 19-21, 2021, we are working hard to plan for every measure for a safe show experience. This will include:
- Following the mask mandate in Minneapolis
- Allowing for social distancing within all areas of our show – including moving to a larger Exhibit Hall on the street level to provide extra space for wider aisles
- One-way entrances / exits as well as well as aisles in the Exhibit Hall
- Appropriate room set-ups for social distancing in education sessions
- Reminding you to stay home if you are not feeling well
- Other measures as deemed necessary for the safety of our attendees and exhibitors
We are communicating closely with our partners at the Minneapolis Convention Center, Meet Minneapolis, and our contracted hotels, and continue to follow the most-up-to-date COVID-19 guidance at all governmental levels.
Currently Minneapolis is in Phase 3 of the COVID-19 preparedness plan for Minnesota.
If we need to make a decision to cancel the in-person show in May, we will continue to move forward with a 100% virtual event that same week. Your registration fee provides entrance to both the in-person and virtual event, regardless of how you choose to attend the MPF Convention.
General Travel / Government Links:
- International Travel
- Domestic Transportation Safety
- State Travel Guidelines
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Minnesota Department of Health
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport:
- Travel Confidently Through MSP Airport
- Reference Guide for Traveling through MSP
- Delta Airlines COVID-19 Update Center